Alternative Printmaker is a super useful tool for Adobe Photoshop.
You can make DIY prints and gig posters easily. Inspired by independent zine press and alternative music scene.
I had this idea in my head for a long time. As a huge fan of alternative rock music I have been always fascinated by punk rock/post-punk zine culture. I love this dadaist cut-out and raw aesthetics.
I did a lot of research of DIY printmaking techniques. I wanted to make set of layer styles that would help you make such a great piece of artworks in a short time.
You only need have basic skills of using Adobe Photoshop! Just cut out object from a photo, place it into Smart Object layer and save! It will allow you have a total control over an effect!
If you are too lazy for raw cut outs, just place photo (follow the rules in Owner’s manual) and save.
All effects are adjustable, so you only need to move with sliders in Levels to get the effect you want.
So, here is the result!
With Alternative Printmaker you will get:
- 16 Layer Style Effects for Adobe Photoshop
- 3 different formats: Portrait Version for Bigger Prints: 6000 x 4242 px, Landscape Version for Bigger Prints **4242x6000 px, Portrait Version of A4: 3508 x 2480 px, Landscape Version of A4: 2480 x 3508 and Square: 3000 x 3000 px. All version are in 300 DPI resolution for print
- 63 Gradients for easy re-coloring your artwork
- 30 seamless texture patterns consists of different kinds of screen print canvases and gritty print textures
- 36 halftone brushes made from these textures
- they are great for adding details to your artwork or use them separately in your illustrations (it could be single product!)
- Owner’s Manual for quick set up - you will find there how to use the effects
- Handbook of the effects in full resolution of A4, containing all effects applied - it will help you find effects easily.